Mental-Health
“Late, by myself, in the boat of myself,
no light and no land anywhere,
cloudcover thick. I try to stay
just above the surface, yet I'm already under
and living within the ocean.
~Rumi
Mental health isn’t just a buzzword.
It isn’t just a trend.
It isn’t something that is “all in your head.”
It’s real — painfully real — and it can affect adults and children alike.
Sometimes the signs show up slowly and quietly: feeling unusually sad, drained, anxious, or disconnected.
Sometimes it hits you like a series of waves you never saw coming.
I learned this the hard way as I hit my rock bottom in 2025 (by my own standards of course) .
I didn’t fall apart because I was weak.
I fell apart because I was surrounding myself with wrong energy.
Wrong, Toxic, Negative Energy, that has been building up inside & around me for sometime.
Toxicity doesn’t always scream. Sometimes it smiles.
Toxicity can be any noun (person, place or thing)
Sometimes it may be a wound of past that never healed properly.
Sometimes it is the emotional baggage you’ve been carrying for years without realizing the weight.
Sometimes it is the Support Ecosystem that presents itself as “I’m always here for you.”
The Support Ecosystem, that you believed was going to have your back.
But it either never existed or someone just pulled that rug beneath you.
I pretended, don’t know for how long, everything was fine.
I didn’t realize how much emotional damage can come from pretending everything is fine .
I stopped doing things I enjoyed.
I stopped reading books.
I stopped my evening walks.
I stopped almost everything I used to enjoy doing.
I started to consume alcohol, sometimes even when I was alone.
I didn’t know how deep the wound was from this negative energy.
Until
I hit my rock bottom.
I woke up next day not knowing the whereabouts from previous night.
I woke up the next day with faint memory of my wrongdoings
But here’s the part that matters: It is curable.
Recognizing toxic, negative energy is the first step toward healing.
Walking away from it is the second.
Rebuilding yourself is the third.
Seeking help is the final step towards healing.
Your Mental health struggles don’t define you. They reveal you.
They reveal your resilience, your boundaries.
They reveal your capacity to absorb negative energy.
They reveal your ability to rise again.
If you’re feeling drained, unhappy, or unlike yourself, pause and look around.
Sometimes the problem may not be inside you. It may be around you.
It’s the environment you’re trying too hard to survive in, to fit in.
If you’re going through something right now, hear this:
You may feel broken and down and out
You may feel you let others down.
Remember - You’re human
You are allowed to have your share of failures,
You are allowed to make mistakes.
Don’t be so hard on yourself
You are also entitled to your chances to recoup
You also deserve your peace.
Above All, You are not Alone. You just need to :
Reach out, seek out, speak out.
Reach out to your Doctor, Therapist, caregiver provider.
Seek out to do things you love or enjoy doing.
Speak out openly in front of your loved ones.
You will come out of it.
I write openly today because I felt alone when it hit me.
I write openly to not seek attention or sympathy.
I am perfectly fine, Now. So Thank You for reading so far.
I write because I was lucky enough to recognize those signs early.
Those signs pointed to things inside me and around me.
I write because I was strong enough to come out of it.
I write because others may not be as strong or as lucky.
I was lucky to be surrounded by love, caring and compassion.
I was lucky to recognize the positive energy inside & around me.
Seek that Positive Energy inside and around you.

Comments